So here’s where we are with respect to the most highly sought after ticket in Washington DC today … the annual White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner. (Well, maybe just behind Caps/Pens tix, but you get my drift). Once reserved only for the top of the food chain, the celebrities’ celebrities. If you were on the guest list (and not part of the hi-brow media that covers politics like Clearasil covers pimples) you were THE cause celebre, THE must-see celebrity with whom mere mortals could only hope to bump shoulders.
So what’s the 2016 guest list? We’ll spare you the exhaustive list and provide the most interesting. And lest you, our prima reader, infer a hint of partisanship in this rant, I counter that the buck stops with our fearless leader’s approval of this group of B-listers. So Prez’O takes the heat on this one. But who’s really paying attention to him anyway with the pending hurricane of the upcoming Trump/Hillary debates (which would set a pay-per-view record … just sayin’).
I present you with the 2016 Correspondents’ Association B-Listers:
- NeNe Leakes. I suppose WikiLeaks was unavailable? We’re seriously including these tramps from the Real Housewives drivel as guests to Washington’s most anticipated social even of the year? I guess the Real Housewives of the White House is next; would seem to be a decent fit.
- Sen Bernie Sanders. Of course … free dinner for the Bernmeister.
- Kendall Jenner. OK, where to start here??? Certainly a hottie, a young woman who at age 20 has earned more than everyone reading this … combined! But it just seems that anything attached to the Jenner/Kardashian clan should be rejected like Caitlyn does her penis.
- Cheryl Ladd. Her credential still reads “Charlie’s Angels”, hearkening back to a kinder, gentler, more prosperous time in America. Wait, that was the Jimmy Carter era … NEXT! (But she is prima for looking this good at 64!):
- Tony Romo. Tony Romo. Tony Romo. Pictures worth 1,000 words:
- JC Chasez. Had to ask primaKC who he is. My embarrassment faded when she answered “OMG, he was my fave from NSYNC!” So I see he was born in DC, but if the Prez can’t even get the lead singer from NSYNC, how the fuck can we expect him to defeat ISIS?! Give Barry a break!
- Hope Solo. OK boys and girls, I’m getting tired and so finishing with this one. Hope had a prima chance as a legit celeb, being a 2 time Olympic gold medalist and a hottie in her own right. Then she started beating up family members while sauced and that ended her prima dreams. She’s best summed up by this perfect reader comment from the WaPo this morning: “…would be awesome if she got drunk and beat the crap out of someone.”
Enjoy the festivities all!